Boy did we hit the ground running with our first week back to school. The girls started back at school last Wednesday, year 12 and year 7 so a big year ahead for both of them. I can't quite get my head around the fact that my little girls have grown so much. Just tonight my youngest was looking at photo albums and it's hard to believe so much time has gone by... The first week was short for which I am very grateful, a nice little start back. I did though have a busy week, preparing for the school year and then for a special birthday. My youngest celebrated her birthday on Saturday so there was some baking to be done. We ended up only having a small gathering with a couple of school friends and two grandmas (my Mum is pictured). The birthday girl enjoyed her special day and was full of smiles just how it should be. Happy 12th birthday my darling.
Tuesday, February 2
Monday, January 25
Hello there.... how did so much time go by again between posts, I am sorry. Life has been pretty good I really shouldn't complain too much although it's good to get things out too. We have done a bit of exploring over the holidays but not too much really, I must book a holiday for next school holidays I think.
Tomorrow will be the last day of the holidays for the girls then back to school for them. It's going to be a busy year for us with my girl entering her final year of high school and my youngest beginning her high school journey. There will be lots of things happening to keep us busy, making decisions about what to do after school, a drivers licience to get wow it's hard to believe that my baby is growing up so much. So lately this has been on my mind, my Nan is also unwell which is not good. She is in good spirits and is being lovingly cared for by my Mum which I think is making such a difference.... Ahh life is a journey isn't it full of ups and downs and it's all about trying not to fight them but roll with them. Well sorry for the heavy photo post I hope that you enjoy them.
I hope your January has been a happy one.
Friday, January 1
Hello and happiest of New Years to you!! Thank you so much for the beautiful words you left me on my last post. It would seem I have the kindest blog friends and that we all feel the same about blogging. Wouldn't it be lovely if blogging got a resurgence? Maybe if more of us get back into blogging it might, I really miss the community feel that I got from blogging everyday. With today being the first day of the new year it's time to reflect on last years goals and write some for the year ahead.
* This year saw me have a burst of creative energy just before Christmas. I made cards throughout the year for birthdays, started a crochet project and a knitting project but I haven't quite completed them yet. So as far as the expectation I had of myself I didn't quite get there but that's for this year!!.
* I regularly went to yoga only missing some session over the Christmas period. I joined the gym and have been regularly going at least a couple of times a week. I did some facials on myself and saw a naturopath and have been taking probiotics regularly too. (must buy some more) So I would give myself a big tick when it comes to achieving this goal.
* I haven't picked up my camera daily but I am regularly taking photos. I bought a magazine subscription to help me continue to be inspired by my passion.
* Gardening....this was probably one of my biggest downfalls. The motivation would come and go and the overwhelming nature of having things neat and my growing failures made for a very minimal growing year.
* Being present and calm I did for the most part. Paying attention and being in the moment without getting distracted was when I was my best at achieving this goal. Overall I think I did well and if I had moments of being less than calm I was happy to apologise and accept my mistakes.
* A happier me....mostly. I have slowly been opening up to others with some hesitation but trying to remember who I am and those who truly know me will know that I speak with kindness in my heart and those who think otherwise I do not have much time for.
* Has 2015 been a great year? It sure has been. There have been ups and downs but I have my beautiful family, my friends, good health food to eat, money for bills and a place to call home. I am very grateful for my year of learning and ready for the New Year, 2016 is going to be great!!
I love a new year, a fresh start figuratively speaking. So what do I want to achieve for 2016?
* To focus on making my home beautiful with handmade and natural objects. Beeswax candles, handmade cushions and beautiful linens, to create more.
* To focus on being organised with gifts and handmade cards and motivated for birthdays, anniversaries and yearly events like Easter and Christmas.
* To focus on continuing to be motivated by reading, listening and exploring what makes my heart sing.
* To focus on my fitness and health journey. Getting myself to bed early, looking after my mind, body and spirit.
* Focus on not allowing my fear to stop me creating, sewing, knitting, crocheting and photography. Fear is a state of mind not a state of being.
* Focus on the good people, let go of all that does not serve me, learn from it and move forward.
A relaxed mind,
A peaceful soul,
A joyful spirit,
A healthy body and heart full of love....
These are my wishes for you..
Happiest of New Years to you.
Have you made any New Years resolutions? Wishing you all a wonderful first day of the new year.
Monday, December 28